If you live here or have visited, you’re probably already in love with Santa Fe. If you’re considering Santa Fe as a place for your second home or retirement home, come visit – we know you’ll fall in love, too!
The population of Santa Fe stands at over 67,000 as of 2012. BestPlaces.net has ranked the city #9 in their “America’s Best Cities for Foodies” list. Santa Fe is ranked a 97 in terms of Air Quality from a total of 100.
Santa Fe is the capital of New Mexico. The state is often referred to as “The Land of Enchantment”, and Santa Fe does more than its part to make that title well-deserved. Santa Fe is the third-largest art market in the United States, and there are many things that make Santa Fe unique.
What Makes Santa Fe Unique?There isn’t one thing that makes Santa Fe unique. It’s everything. For example:
- Breathtaking scenery – the city is nestled among mountain ranges such as the Jemez Mountains and Sangre de Cristo mountains. Many of the homes in Santa Fe offer amazing views.
- The climate – Santa Fe enjoys a moderate climate year-round. It’s perfect for people who love the outdoors. With approximately 300 sunny days per year, you’re sure to find plenty of times to enjoy outdoor activities.
- Diverse heritage – The city has been in existence for over 400 years. There is a heritage that combines Native American and Spanish culture with the Old West spirit and a modern American outlook.
- Endless activities – Santa Fe offers an endless supply of things to do: museums, art galleries, opera, symphony, varied shopping opportunities, sophisticated to down-home dining experiences, Indian Pueblos, historical sites, hiking, skiing, camping, mountain biking, fishing, annual events and more.
- Distinctive ambiance – The city has its own unique style and energy along with friendly residents and businesses. Santa Fe is known for the feeling of community that exists in many neighborhoods.